PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

ALL SHE WANTED WAS STRAIGHT HAIR

I had to take a moment and think if I should put this story on my blog. I watched this video on Lovin Sisterlocks facebook page. My eyes teared up as I watched this unfortunate story of a beautiful young lady loosing her hair due to a relaxer.

My personal experience with relaxers are the reason why I chosen to become natural. My hair fell out in clumps. I had a bald spot the size of a quarter that happened due to a relaxer treatment in a professional beauty salon.

That's why it upsets me when I see parents putting these chemicals on small children! If someone has to wear gloves to apply it because of it's toxicity why would i want this stuff on my hair?!

This situation on this video is extreme but it does happen I applaud this young lady for having the courage to make this video to help others. Sometimes having straight hair is so not worth it! Please turn off music ipod below before viewing.

2 comments:

  1. I know this is an extreme case, but it so scary and horrifying. I'm so happy I decided to go the natural. Relaxers were never friendly to me, that why I constantly went back and fourth on trying to be natural. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Kreyola! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete