PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, May 1, 2011

NATURALLY UNIQUE BEAUTY OF THE MONTH







The Naturally UniQue Beauty for the Month of May is Mrs. Candace Edwards! I started her Sisterlocks over a year ago. I do her Retightenings every 10 weeks while Candace does her own Retightenings every 5 weeks. Candace recently renewed her vows to her loving husband in a beautiful wedding ceremony. Her Sisterlocks were done in a gorgeous updo. Thank you Candace for sharing your journey! Check out her interview below!


1. How long have you had your Sisterlocks?

A: I've had my Sisterlocks approximately 19 months (1 year 7 months)


2. Why did you decide to get Sisterlocks?

A: I was ready to go natural, and I wanted my hair to grow without the other harsh
processes that can hurt my hair. I was impressed on how much time I cut down with
washing and styling my hair.


3. Why did you decide to keep your relaxed ends?

A: To be honest I was not mentally ready at the time to do the "BIG CHOP" It was such a blessing to know
that I still had that option.


4. What do you know now that you wished you knew before getting Sisterlocks?

A: You become dependent on the maintenance. You can only go so long without a re-tight.


5. How many loc's do you have?

A: I believe I have 325 locks.


6. How often are your re-tightenings?

A: Because I live 1 1/2 hrs from my consultant and finances vary. I go to my consultant every 10 weeks, but I re-tighten my own locks
every 5 weeks.


7. What products do you use on your Sisterlocks?

A: I have a scalp condition that requires me to use Selsun Blue shampoo,
after wards I wash my hair with Twists 'N Locs Natural Oil Shampoo, and I use Taliah Waajid
Crinkles & Curls styling lotion. Every couple of days I will spray my hair with olive oil and water.


8. What does your husband think about your Sisterlocks?

A: My husband love my hair..he like to run his fingers through my hair or give my a "mop top".


9. Where can we follow your journey?

A: Unfortunately my life is very busy so I would not even have time to do a blog online (that's why I love Sisterlocks)
but if you have any questions, you are more than welcome to drop me an email www.candaceedwards82@yahoo.com
or look me up on Face book.








No comments:

Post a Comment